if you are interested in learning about the 2018/20 program please stop into the snow sports department or feel free to email us below.
Sign up at firstname.lastname@example.org
FULL-SEASON Explorer Program (10 weeks)
Ages: 3 - 17
Cost: $899.00 before Oct. 14, 2019
$949 before Dec. 20, 2019*
*Sibling Discount: 5%
Dates: January 4, 2020 - March 22, 2020
*Dec. 20, 2019 is the last day to register. Program prices do not include season pass or lift access. Kingdom passes will no longer be available to all Explorer students. Northeast Kingdom students only.
Saturdays 1pm-3:30pm; & Sundays 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
(Blackout Dates 1/18/20 & 1/19/20; 2/15/20 & 2/16/20)
HALF-SEASON EXPLORER PROGRAM (5 weeks)
Designed for those who cannot or are not sure they want to commit to the entire season.
Ages: 3 - 17
Cost: $559 through October 14th, 2019
$599.00 before Dec. 20, 2019*
**Dates: January 4, 2020 - February 9, 2020 or
February 22, 2020 - March 22, 2020
*Dec. 20, 2019 is the last day to register. Program prices do not include season pass or lift access.
** Must be either the first 5 weeks or the last 5 weeks of the season.
Saturdays 1pm - 3:30pm & Sundays 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
(Blackout Dates 1/19/19 & 1/20/19; 2/16/19 & 2/17/19)
Explorer Program Levels:
- Red: First-timers learn about equipment, balance, moving, and stopping.
- T-bar Green: Skiers and riders have equipment knowledge that is able to stop and have started making turns outside of the beginner area.
- Sherburne Green: Skiers and riders are successfully linking turns. They will improve on posture, be introduced to steep terrain, pole plants (skiers), and switch (riders).
- Blue: Skiers and riders are successfully linking parallel turns and pole planting (skiers). They will improve on edging with more carved turns, will explore all blue terrain, and be introduced to bumps.
- Black: Must have full knowledge of the mountain and be capable of skiing and riding bumps and in the trees, and are entering the dynamic turn world.
- Freestyle (ages 6-10) Requirements: Proficient on Blue Terrain. This group will work on developing core skills and introduction to freestyle terrain with a focus on fun and safety. Athletes will start small and work their way up to larger features. Helmets required.
- Teen All Mountain Skiers (ages 13-17): Burke Mountain has great terrain, fabulous racing pedigree, challenging woods, and natural features. Your child will have the benefit of experiencing this in a group focused on safety, fun, and social interaction.